Your Portal for Key Energy Information and Research

Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (KKR)

Company Summary

Recent news

  • 11/3/2020 - NextEra Energy Partners... (subscriber access)
  • 6/29/2020 - KKR Acquires Stake in... (subscriber access)
  • 5/26/2020 - TC Energy Provides 20... (subscriber access)
  • 5/26/2020 - TC Energy Closes on... (subscriber access)
  • 5/26/2020 - TC Energy Completes Sale... (subscriber access)

Company Transactions

Date: 1/31/2021
Type: Acquisition

NOTES:
NextEra has entered into a "$1.1 billion convertible equity portfolio financing with a consortium of private infrastructure investors" to sell a 50% stake in multiple renewable projects. When all is said and done, NextEra will receive $1.3 billion in proceeds from a group headed up by KKR. NextEra's new portfolio will includes several new power projects, in addition to Northern Colorado Wind Energy Center, Baldwin Wind Energy Center, Elk City I Wind Energy Center and the interests of the entity that owns Genesis Solar Energy Center.
REGIONS:
  • United States
  • Date: 6/29/2020
    Type: Acquisition

    SELLERS:
  • First Gen Corp
  • DETAILS:

    COST: 192.2 $MM

    NOTES:
    KKR has completed a voluntary tender offer to purchase 427 million shares of First Gen Corporation for $192.2 million, representing an 11.9% stake in the firms public shares. First Gen is a large Philippines independent power producer with 3,492-MW in installed capacity.
    REGIONS:
  • Asia
  • Date: 5/26/2020
    Type: Acquisition

    NOTES:
    AIMco and KKR have acquired a 65% stake in TC Energy's Coastal GasLink Pipeline Project via a consortium. Concurrent with this sale, TC expects to enter into a secured project financing construction credit facility to fund 80% of construction costs. Both transactions are slated to close in mid-2020.
    REGIONS:
  • Canada
  • Date: 9/30/2019
    Type: Acquisition

    NOTES:
    KKR & BlackRock are investing $4 billion into ADNOC Oil Pipelines for a 40% interest. ADNOC will hold the remaining 60% stake.
    REGIONS:
  • Middle East
  • Date: 6/30/2019
    Type: Acquisition

    DETAILS:

    VOLUMES: 9.2 MBOE/d

    ACRES: 22000 Acres

    NOTES:
    Spur Energy Partners and KKR announced the acquisition of Permian Northwest Shelf assets of Percussion Petroleum LLC.
    REGIONS:
  • Northwest Shelf (U.S.)
  • Date: 6/27/2019
    Type: Acquisition

    NOTES:
    ADNOC reported Blackrock and KKR have purchased a 40% stake in ADNOC Oil Pipelines for $4 billion. The pipeline company will lease ADNOC's interest in 18 crude oil and condensates pipelines across ADNOC's upstream concessions for 23 years.
    REGIONS:
  • Middle East
  • Date: 2/15/2019
    Type: Joint Venture

    NOTES:
    SemGroup to own 51% and KKR to own 49% of the new company, SemCAMS Midstream ULC
    REGIONS:
  • Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin
  • Date: 8/15/2018
    Type: Acquisition

    NOTES:
    Williams will serve as operator and hold 40% ownership while KKR holds the other 60% stake via a joint venture. Williams will then provide growth capital which will allow them to boost their stake to 50%, and they have the option to acquire KKR's entire ownership stake within six-years of close. The current Discovery system includes 60 Mmcf/d in active processing capacity and another 200 Mmcf/d scheduled for completion in 2018, 130-miles of natural gas pipeline, 260,000 dedicated acres for the gas business and another 60,000 dedicated acres for oil gathering.
    REGIONS:
  • DJ Basin
  • Date: 7/3/2018
    Type: Acquisition

    REGIONS:
  • Eagle Ford
  • Date: 5/29/2018
    Type: Acquisition

    NOTES:
    Kimbell is paying $126 million in cash and 6 million in common units valued a $116 million to KKR, representing 22% of the common units it Kimbell.
    REGIONS:
  • International
  • United States
  • Date: 3/20/2018
    Type: Acquisition

    DETAILS:

    COST: 765 $MM

    VOLUMES: 15.7 M Bbls/d

    ACRES: 74400 Acres

    REGIONS:
  • Eagle Ford
  • Date: 6/30/2017
    Type: Acquisition

    DETAILS:

    COST: 625 $MM

    VOLUMES: 7.58 MBOE/d

    ACRES: 111000 Acres

    NOTES:
    Approximately 111,000 net acres (95% held by production) in Burleson, Brazos, Lee, Milam, Robertson, and Washington Counties next to WRD’s existing acreage position Approximately 7.6 MBoe/d of net production for fourth quarter 2016 consisting of approximately 72% oil and 89% liquids from 68 Eagle Ford, 299 Austin Chalk, 19 Buda/Georgetown operated wells 949 net Eagle Ford locations and 22.9 MMBoe of proved developed producing reserves (73% oil and 88% liquids)
    REGIONS:
  • Eagle Ford
  • Date: 3/13/2017
    Type: Acquisition

    DETAILS:

    COST: 754 $MM

    VOLUMES: 24.25 MBOE/d

    ACRES: 37500 Acres

    NOTES:
    The sale consists of 37,500 net acres, a 12.5% stake in the Springfield Gathering System and fourth-quarter 2016 production of 24.25 Mboe/d of current production (33% oil, 33% natural gas and 34% NGL's).
    REGIONS:
  • Eagle Ford
  • Maverick Basin