Your Portal for Key Energy Information and Research

Santos Ltd

Company Summary

Description

Santos is an Australian natural gas company. Established in 1954, the company is proud to deliver the economic and environmental benefits of natural gas to homes and businesses throughout Australia and Asia.

Website

https://www.santos.com/

Operational Regions

  • Australia
  • Western Australia

Related Entities

Recent news

  • 2/16/2022 - Santos Is Looking to... (subscriber access)
  • 12/10/2021 - Santos Divesting 12.5%... (subscriber access)
  • 12/2/2021 - Santos Looking Into... (subscriber access)
  • 11/1/2021 - Santos & Oil Search... (subscriber access)
  • 10/1/2021 - Australia Will Issue... (subscriber access)

Company Transactions

Date: 3/31/2022
Type: Acquisition

BUYERS:
  • Jera
  • SELLERS:
  • Santos Ltd
  • PROJECTS:
  • Barossa Project
  • DETAILS:

    COST: 300 $MM

    NOTES:
    Santos has signed a deal to sell a 12.5% interest in the Barossa Project to JERA, with the deal closing in the first half of 2022. JERA will reimburse Santos for its share of capital expenditures on the project, with a total of $300 million due upon closing.
    REGIONS:
  • Australia
  • Date: 12/31/2021
    Type: Merger

    DETAILS:
    NOTES:
    Santos & Oil Search have agreed to a revised merger proposal, which would see Oil Search shareholders receive 0.6275 shares in new Santos for each Oil Search share held. This would equate to Oil Search shareholders owning 38.5% of the combined business while Santos shareholders own the remaining 61.5%. The deal implies a 16.8% premium to the Oil Search closing price on July 19 and it would create a company with a combined market cap of $15.5 billion.
    REGIONS:
  • Australia
  • International
  • Date: 3/30/2020
    Type: Acquisition

    BUYERS:
  • Santos Ltd
  • DETAILS:

    COST: 1.39 $B

    NOTES:
    ConocoPhillips agreed to sell its northern Australian business to Santos for $1.39 billion.
    REGIONS:
  • Australia
  • Date: 5/16/2019
    Type: Acquisition

    NOTES:
    Santos has acquired a 14.3% stake in the P'yang gas field in Papa New Guinea for $187 million.
    REGIONS:
  • Asia Pacific
  • Date: 11/27/2018
    Type: Acquisition

    BUYERS:
  • Santos Ltd
  • DETAILS:

    COST: 2.15 $B

    VOLUMES: 52 MBOE/d

    ACRES: 12849480 Acres

    NOTES:
    Through the deal, Santos added 220 Mmboe in 2P reserves while also adding 52 Mboe/d in annual production spread across 52,000 square kilometers of acreage in Western Australia.
    REGIONS:
  • Western Australia